The “Battery Protector – sport unit” is an innovative "smart switch" that protects your car battery from draining.
The BP sport unit can easily be installed to protect any battery such as: Lithium Ion batteries, lead acid batteries or any other type of batteries to ensure that the battery will not drain.
The BPB uses unique micro-electronic technology and patented software to continually monitor the battery power, health and temperature. When the BPB detects the power level drops below a predefined safe level, it automatically isolates the battery from the electrical system.
This will ensure that the battery always has enough power to start the engine and the battery operates in a "safe zone" which prolongs the battery life.
BPB sport unit provide the ability to disconnect the battery willingly (This option is useful when living the vehicle unused for long periods of time)
The BPB sport unit is used for both vehicles and boats and can be incorporated for storage of energy from wind and solar plants. It works on 6V, 12V and 24V batteries with up to 40AH.
- Automatic disconnection (Programmable voltage threshold*, the default Disconnect Voltage Threshold is 11.8V).
- Manual reconnection.
- Wire attached push button (supplied) reconnection.
* should define the disconnect threshold for non-default setting when ordering
- Wire attached push button (supplied) disconnection
H = 0.9” (inch)
W = 1.65” (inch)
L = 2.65” (inch)
The unit weight: .33 (LB)
Accessories: xlb (xg)
Packaging: xg, (xlb)
Total weight: xg (xlb)
ELECTRICAL CURRENT SPECIFICATIONS
Operational Current Consumption after disconnect: 10 MicroAmps
Maximum Peak Amperage: 500 Amps, for 15 consecutive seconds.
Continuous Amperage Capacity: 80 Amps.
Disconnect Voltage Threshold: 11.8V (Default)
OPERATIONAL TEMPERATURE RANGE
-40°F (-40°C) to 257°F (125°C).
When working with lead acid batteries and accessories, caution must be employed:
- Shield eyes. Do not open vent caps or puncture battery casing in any way.
- Sulfuric acid can cause blindness and severe burns.
- Rinse hands and flush eyes with water immediately.
- Avoid sparks, flames and smoking
MATERIAL AP 66: None combustible, none flammable.
WATER PROOF: IP 66
Maximum current draw for 15 consecutive seconds: 500 Amps,
Continuous current draw: 80 Amps.